It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… especially in our kitchen anyway.
I love spending Sunday afternoons in the kitchen. One of my favourite things to do is find recipes for quick, easy and on-the-go breakfasts. Bonus points if they can fill my tummy for the whole morning (or at least until my elevenses).
With Christmas just around the corner, my house looks like Santa’s grotto and it inspired me. So, I’ve combined a few recipes I found on Google, added a dash of Christmas spirit and hey presto – I came up with these super simple Almond and Cinnamon Vegan Breakfast Bars. Enjoy!
So, you’re going to need a few things:
230g pitted dates
100g rolled oats
100g unsalted mixed nuts
100g agave syrup
50g crunchy peanut/or almond butter (Meridian is my favourite)
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
This is what you need to do…
- Grind the nuts (including the almonds) until they’re broken into small pieces – I use a pestle and mortar to do this.
- Blend the dates in a food processor, keep doing this until smooth.
- Heat up the syrup in a saucepan, then stir in the peanut butter.
Lets do this!
- Add all the above into a mixing bowl, add the oats and the cinnamon (I use 2 tbsp but you can use as much, or as little, as takes your fancy), as well as any additional ingredients you decide to use. Then just keep stirring until it all comes together.
- Empty into a baking tray (square is best) and push it down until it evenly covers the bottom of the tray.
- Put the baking tray in the fridge and leave it for as long as you can resist.
- Finally, cut them up into squares or bars and pile them up for a banging Instagram photo…