Nine out of ten people love chocolate, and the tenth people, well they’re liars.
Seriously though, have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like chocolate? No, me neither. And you want to know what’s better than chocolate? Brownies. And what’s better than brownies?
These brownies are super simple, all you’ll need is 8 basic ingredients and about 45 minutes.
You’re going to LOVE these. They’re chocolatey, peanut buttery, easy, delicious and chocolatey (oh wait, did I already mention that?).
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to comment below or drop me a tweet!
- 200g self-raising flour (gluten-free flour will also work).
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 50g agave syrup
- 120g soya milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a (8 x 8 inches) baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and the syrup and whisk.
- Slowly add the milk, whilst continually folding the mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Pour the mix into to the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Set the baking dish aside and heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add several dollops of peanut butter to the top of the brownie mix and swirl with a butter knife or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet or sticky.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and let cool for approximately 15 minutes, Then lift, using the parchment paper, out of baking dish and use a sharp knife to cut into (roughly 9) rectangles/squares.
- If you have any left once you’ve tried them, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few days.