Happy International Women’s Day.
Here’s to the strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
I blimmin’ love being female and International Women’s Day has just reinforced that. Women are passionate, they’re inspiring and they’re strong. Let me tell you a few other reasons why I love being female.
- Every person you see, every person you meet, every single one of them was bought into this world by a woman. Isn’t that incredible?
- And in order to bring that person into the world that woman had to give up her ‘because it’s Friday’ glass of wine for a whole nine months, hello will-power.
- We are badasses – we all know the story of Emily Davison right? The suffragette who threw herself in front of a horse to make her point? What a girl.
- We get to be ‘ladies that lunch’ and there isn’t many things in this world better than food, except for maybe prosecco. So if prosecco manages to find its way into the equation, then girls you’re really winning.
- Women = mothers, and I don’t know about you but my Ma is the most amazing person in the entire world. She is kind, she is caring, actually she’s beyond caring, she would do anything for anyone and if being female means being like her, then I’m bloody proud to be a woman.
- Women show emotion better than men and because of that we can literally cry whenever we want. Alarm goes off at 6am, cry. Alarm goes off at 12:30pm, cry. Waking up to find it’s a weekday, you know what girl, go ahead and have a little cry.
- Diamonds are our a girl’s best friend, need I say anymore?
- Girls can multitask, its a fact. I often eat breakfast whilst thinking about lunch, at the same time! I know what you’re thinking, girl power.
- We empower and are empowered by other women every single day. Were you there when Beyonce said that ‘we need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead’, because me too.
- Beyonce is a female.
What do you love about being female? Let me know in the comments below!