The 7th week of the calendar year has always been one of my favourites. And that’s because it’s the week of my brother’s and my sister’s birthday and between the last minute present buying, eating my body weight in food and consuming copious amounts of alcohol, I’ve had a little bit of time to reflected.
23 things I’ve learnt in my 23 years of being a sister…
- How to love unconditionally.
- That patience is a virtue.
- How to be empathetic.
- Sharing is caring.
- Family time really is the best time.
- Copying is actually a form of flattery.
- How to be a team player.
- That I can love and hate someone at the same time.
- Life isn’t always fair and that’s ok.
- When you should talk and when you should listen.
- What it feels like to really belly laugh.
- That I’ll always have a friend.
- Everyone has faults and that it’s not a bad thing.
- How to annoy someone.
- How to be a good friend.
- That I’ll always be loved.
- How great it is to be a sister.
- And how hard it is to be a sister.
- How to compromise.
- How to be competitive, without being a bitch.
- To celebrate each others differences.
- How to mattress surf down a flight of stairs (without getting seriously hurt).
- What’s really important in life.
What do you love about having siblings? I’d love to hear!